Effective Date: August, 2019
Facts: What does Debtko, “Debtko” do with your personal information?
Federal law gives consumers the right to limit some but not all sharing. Federal law also requires us to tell you how we collect, share and protect your personal information. Please read this notice carefully to understand what Debtko does with your personal information.
The types of personal information we collect and share depend on the program or service provided to you. This information may include, but is not limited to:
• Social Security number
• Employment information
• Income and expense information
• Asset and liability information including your mortgage information
• Credit history
• Credit card or other debt information
All financial organizations need to share a client’s personal information to run their everyday business.
To Limit Our Sharing
Call our offices toll free at 833-433-2856 or send an email to . You may also
write to us at: 701 Pine Avenue #146, Long Beach, CA 90813.
How does Debtko protect my personal information?
To protect your personal information, from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures that comply with federal and state laws. These measures include computer safeguards and secured files and buildings.
How does Debtko collect my personal information?
We collect your personal information, for example, when you:
• Seek debt and credit counseling, budget counseling, debt settlement and education and debt management services from us, our affiliates and our non-affiliates.
• Register online or set up an account with us.
• Give us your income and expense information.
• Provide us your employment and financial information.
• Provide information to us through our website.
• Give us your mortgage information or request assistance with a lender financing process.
We also collect your personal information from others such as credit bureaus, creditors, and other companies.
Why can’t I limit all sharing?
Federal law gives you the right to limit only:
• Sharing for affiliates’ everyday business purposes – information about your creditworthiness.
• Affiliates from using your information to market to you.
• Sharing for non-affiliates to market to you.
The information you provide to us is necessary for Debtko to provide services to you. If you were permitted to limit the sharing of all information, we would be unable to assist and help you, or provide you with our programs and services. State laws and individual companies may also give you additional rights to limit sharing.
What happens if I limit sharing for an account I hold jointly with someone else?
Your choices will apply to everyone on the account.
Affiliates: Companies related to Debtko common ownership or control.
Non-affiliates: Companies not related to Debtko by common ownership or control. They can be financial and non-financial companies.
Joint-marketing: A formal agreement between non-affiliated financial companies that together market financial products or services to you. Our joint marketing partners may include non-profit organizations and credit counseling trade groups. credit counseling trade groups.
Other Important Information
State laws may also limit what we do with your nonpublic personal information. Please contact us if you have any questions about these or other laws that may be applicable.
Your consent to receive automated calls or text messages is not required for any purchase or availability of goods/services from Debtko or its partners.
If you do not consent you may call us at 833-433-2856 to further inquire about our services and programs.